New Vembu BDR Suite v5.3
- Ben Liebowitz
Just over a week ago, Vembu released version 5.3 of their BDR Suite. Check out some of the new features below. Can you guess which one I’m most excited about? 😀
- File Server Backup from BDRSuite Backup Server UI
- You can now add Windows and Linux file servers to the Data Source and configure file & folder level backup from the BDRSuite Backup Server console. The backup agents can be automatically pushed from the backup server or manually installed on the required servers. This feature allows you to manage the backup & recovery of a large number of machines from the centralized BDRSuite Backup Server.
- Endpoint Backup from BDRSuite Backup Server UI
- Now, you can configure File & Folder Backup of many Windows & Linux Endpoints directly from the BDRSuite Backup Server console. The agents can be manually installed on the target system or pushed automatically. Also, you can add multiple endpoints in bulk using the CSV file.
- Azure Blob as Backup Repository
- Primary backup data and backup copy data can now be stored in Azure Blob storage directly.
- Active Directory Integration
- BDRSuite Server now integrates with Active Directory for user management. You can import and add AD/LDAP users to the BDRSuite Backup Server and grant them different levels of access to the BDRSuite Backup Server.
- Integrity Check on VMware ESXi Server
- You can now run the automated boot test on VMware ESXi hosts to confirm the recoverability of the backup machines.
There are also a number of enhancements in this release. You can see the list of them below.
- Backup data retention for deleted/excluded VMs
- Performance improvements in the server rebuild process
- Backup support for the Microsoft 365 accounts enabled with Multi-Factor Authentication(MFA)
- Parallel backup processing of Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace users
- Option to exclude Microsoft 365 mailbox folders from backup
- Breadcrumbs view for SharePoint site & Teams data restore
- Download Microsoft 365 mail data in EML format
- Download Microsoft 365 mail data in MBOX format
- Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace mail recovery based on time range
- Search option for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace emails during the restore
- Parallelly initiate PST export for multiple Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace user’s mail data
- Logs download for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace backups
- Enhanced backup progress window for Google Workspace backup
- Tree view for Google Drive data restore
- Enhanced report for Google Workspace backups
I’ll be upgrading my lab shortly, so look for another post on that coming up soon!
Check out the other posts in my Vembu BDR Series:
Part 1 – Deploying Vembu BDR Suite (System Requirements)
Part 2 – Deploying Vembu BDR Suite (Installation)
Upgrading Vembu BDR Suite to version 5.2.0
Part 3 – Deploying Vembu BDR Suite (Configuration)
Part 4 – Deploying Vembu BDR Suite (Replication)
Want to get more information on Vembu & VMware? Check out the product page here!
Vembu VMware Product Page
Ben Liebowitz, VCP, vExpert
NJ VMUG Leader